Though the Trolls geometry is that of a 26?-wheeled mountain bike, its unlike most mountain bikes youll find on your local bike shop floor. The frame has ample clearance for 28/38/50t mountain-triple chainrings and room for 26 x 2.75? tires. The gusseted front triangle, with its sloping toptube, provides generous standover clearance even when running high-volume rubber.
Build it with a 100mm travel suspension fork, or roll the 4130 CroMoly Troll fork. The stock fork is specd with canti pivots, disc mounts, low- and mid-blade rack bosses and fender eyelets. Run a rack, fender and disc at the same time, no jury-rigging required.
The Troll frame features horizontal rear-loading dropouts with a derailleur hanger, disc caliper mounting slots, and rack and fender bosses. Theres a dedicated area for anchoring a Rohloff hub OEM2 axle plate, and weve included threaded M10 x 1mm holes for installing Surly trailer-mounting nuts or B.O.B. Nutz. The dropout design allows the simultaneous use of a rack, fender and disc brake. We include canti pivots, too. Options, options, options. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.
Use the Troll as a mountain bike, cruiser, commuter or touring rig. Make it your go-to utility tractor. Try out different tires and handlebars. Add some racks, build it with gears, or strip it down to a singlespeed drivetrain. Take it camping, ride it to the grocery store or session on your favorite single-track. Build it up, ride it for a while, then reinvent it.
Like many of our models, the Troll is available as a frameset or as a complete bike.
- Frame: Surly Troll, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. TIG-welded. Main triangle double-butted
- Fork: Surly Troll, TIG-welded tapered butted 4130 CroMoly, 100mm suspension corrected, tapered straight blade. Low- and mid-blade fully threaded through-blade rack eyelets; fender mount eyelets at dropout; 1-1/8? x 260mm threadless steer tube, 51mm disc mount (203mm max. rotor diameter), removable cantilever pivots, two sets of bottle mounts on each fork blade. Note: you cant always mount bottles on the fork with every rack
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Crankset: Shimano FC-T551, 26/36/48t. Black
- Bottom Bracket: Surly Enduro, Black