Ice Cream Truck Fat Tire Omni Mountain Bike - 563594488
The Ice Cream Truck has the ability to float over pretty much anything youll find out there be it snow, rocks, mud, sand, or rocky mud. But unlike our other, more terrain crawling fat bike models, the Ice Cream Trucks geometry is trail approved and ready to rip.
The Ice Cream Truck is made out of our own proprietary 4130 CroMoly steel and is ED coated. ED coating is a process that leaves a coating that, externally, provides a solid foundation for paint while also providing an added layer of corrosion protection internally. However, we still recommend an additional treatment such as Frame Saver or Boeshield. Ice Cream Truck begins to differ from all of our other fat bike models from there.
The Ice Cream Truck frame is symmetrically spaced at 190mm. It features our MDS dropout system so you have the option of running a 197mm thru-axle, 190mm geared or a single speed rear end. The complete Ice Cream Truck comes with only the Shimano direct mount, 197mm thru-axle chips and framesets come with all three MDS chips. It also features a 132mm wide PressFit 41 bottom bracket. Giving the Ice Cream Truck a PF41 bottom bracket allowed us to move the stays out and create a much stiffer rear end. The frame is specd with a 44mm headtube to give you options in the fork department and comes with a suspension corrected straight blade fork with dropouts spaced at 150mm with a 15mm thru-axle.
When we designed the Ice Cream Truck we borrowed elements from the Krampus and Instigator geometries to make this bike feel frisky and limber. The complete build rounds out this bike as an aggressive trail bomber. And with 4.8 tires on 100mm rims you have the option of going through instead of around anything in your path.
- Frame: Surly Ice Cream Truck, 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED coated. Triple-butted main triangle. TIG-welded
- Fork: Surly Ice Cream Truck, Tapered straight blade 4130 CroMoly. 483mm axle to crown, 47mm offset. 51mm IS front standard disc mount. 150mm x 15mm thru axle dropouts (axle included).
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Constrictor, 33.1mm
- Crankset: Surly O.D., 22/36t
- Bottom Bracket: Surly Press Fit BB, PF 41/132 w/sleeve
- Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX FD-676D, Problem Solvers direct mount adapter. Top-pull. Black