Disc Trucker 26&Quot; Touring/Commuter Bike - 563727815
Our Long Haul Trucker enjoys a reputation as one of the best riding and most value-packed touring bikes out there. Its been around long enough to be tested in the real world, in all kinds of places, with all kinds of loads on all kinds of roads.
Sometimes, however, a combination of load, climate and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a standard rim-brake LHT can provide. Thats where the Disc Trucker comes in. Disc Trucker is a Long Haul Trucker specifically designed for the unique forces discs impose. Weve made sure it can run discs, racks, and fenders with no jury rigging, a somewhat unique feature weve just now decided to call Simulpatibility.
Most of the components on the complete bike are the same as the standard LHT, parts chosen for their balance of technical capability, durability, and value. The drivetrain is a 3x9 system with the sort of wide gearing suitable for loaded and unloaded travel. For the Disc Trucker we chose Avid BB7 cable operated brakes for their proven reliability and ease of service, and Shimano XT M756 hubs with 6-hole rotor mounts. These hubs are durable and easy to maintain.
Youll need to outfit it with the extras you want, like fenders and racks. We dont include that stuff because everybodys needs are different. From the casual commuter to the person who rides around the world more than once, the Disc Trucker is more than capable. Its a tool designed from the ground up to take you and a bunch of stuff just about anywhere youd like to go. It is a tool to help you get lost and find yourself.
- Frame: Surly Long Haul Trucker, 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Fork: Surly Long Haul Trucker, 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Proprietary sloping crown with threaded eyelets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Crankset: Andel RSC6, 26/36/48t. Square taper interface. Silver
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN-55, Square taper interface.
- 68 x 118mm:
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora FD-3503
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M771
- Cog or Cassette: Shimano HG-50, 1132t
Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which naturallysports.com receives a small commission from sales of certain items - but the price is the same for you.